Rare Genomics Institute is pleased to announce the 2015 BeHEARD (Helping Empower and Accelerate Research Discoveries) Challenge, a science competition to support rare disease research. Partnering with 18 life-science technology companies (partnership opportunity still available), we have over $600,000 of cutting-edge technologies and over 40 premium prizes for rare disease researchers to apply for. The prizes include custom mouse models, bioinformatics analysis software, drug repositioning service, gene editing cell lines, and much more.
We invite you to explore the BeHEARD website in depth to learn more about the specific technologies available and how to apply for this year’s competition.
BeHEARD 2015 Kick-off Webinar – March 31th, 2015
Sign up for BeHEARD webinar to learn more about the details of the application processes, winners’ stories, and advanced technologies offered by sponsored companies.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Researchers at non-profit institutions, universities, or academic laboratories.
- Rare disease advocacy groups, foundations, and families.
- For-profit companies may apply in collaboration with non-profit patientadvocacy groups or universities.
- Your project must involve a rare disease (the list is as defined by the NIH).
- The challenge is open to PIs, postdocs, and graduate students globally.
Applicants are required to provide the following information:
- CV of applicant(s)
- Contact information
- Summary of your research, including background, significance, hypothesis, and specific aims (<1000 words)
- Research approach proposal, including rationales and plans, for each technology you apply for (<1000 words for each technology)
Technology & Bioscience Companies Partnership Opportunity
Do you have products or services you would like to feature in this science challenge? Partnership opportunities are still available! Contact Richard.Tsai@raregenomics.org for more information